Intel’s latest CPU is set to release on October 23, 2017. The Core i9-7980XE has 18 cores with 2.6Ghz clock speeds and 4.2 – 4.4 Ghz Boost Technology.
This CPU will go well with the DAN A4-SFX case because unlike AMD, Intel has not forgotten about the small form factor enthusiast community. They have partnered with ASRock to make an ITX motherboard for their latest CPU socket. The X299 chipset has the LGA 2066 socket that allows up 18 cores in this tiny ITX motherboard built by ASRock.
DAN A4-SFX 18-Core Dream Build:
- DAN A4-SFX Case – ~$460
- ASRock X299-ITX/AC LGA 2066 Intel X299 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard – $399
- Intel Core i9-7980XE X-Series 2.6Ghz 18-Core LGA 2066 Processor – $1,999
- Noctua Low-Profile Quiet CPU Cooler for Intel CPU Cooler NH-L9i – $39.99 ??? ~Not sure if this cooler will fit~
- Corsair Vengeance Performance 64GB (4 x 16G) 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Laptop Memory Model CMSX64GX4M4A2400C16 – $619.99
- Samsung 960 PRO M.2 2TB NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V6P2T0BW – $1,234.67
- Nvidia Titan Xp – $1,200
- Corsair SF Series SF600 600W 80 PLUS GOLD Active PFC Haswell Ready SFX SFX12V Micro ATX Full Modular Power Supply – $119
Total Price: $6,071.61 – Yikes. A hefty price for the Green Team. If only AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper had an ITX motherboard. If only, if only.